May 13, 2011 ~ Great Wall Trip

[caption id="attachment_127" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The group on the Great Wall"][/caption]

Today we visited the Great Wall. It was really cool to see it. We rode the cable cars to the top. The ride up was cool because you could see all around and you could see the different parts of the wall. I was amazed by how big the wall really is. I also was surprised by how steep it was. We had to climb lots of uneven steps and big slopes. It was a little scary coming down, but definitely worth it. The view while standing on the Great Wall was absolutely amazing! It was awesome to see how beautiful it was and how it stretched for miles and miles. We rode the cable cars back down to the bottom. After we bought some souvenirs and cheesy “I Climbed the Great Wall” t-shirts, we got back in the bus and headed to the city. When we got back to the city, we visited a park. It was really pretty. Inside the park was a small temple that the emperor built for himself to worship in. Tonight we went to dinner at a place where they have hot pots to cook your food in. It was really cool. It was similar to fondue, but you cook you food in water heated by coals. It was really good and a fun experience. Today was a long day, but a fun day and now I can officially say I’ve visited one of the wonders of the world J

~Amanda

Comments

1. Wow, how wonderful your trip seems to be going ! I can't imagine seeing one of the wonders of the world! I got a great laugh at Logan teaching the girls a MJ dance...gotta love her ! Will be so great to hear about it in person. Hope there are loads of pictures.

ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

May 13 taking the kids to the Shanghai Zoo

A day spent with TJ's Girls

May 20 back to Shanghai