Monday May 12

By Dr. Welling:

Dear family and friends,

The mission of Malone University states in part that we prepare our students to serve "the church, community, and world." Our students surely embodied Malone's mission as they served Mifan Mama at the organization's warehouse today. Mifan Mama collects clothing, furniture, and other goods on behalf of regional orphanages. Today we sorted new and used clothes and moved boxes and other items at the warehouse for nearly 6 hours. We were well synchronized as we sorted, counted, and packaged hundreds of items.  Dr. Chen and I were very pleased with our students' efforts, as was our service partner. Our eight team members would certainly have kept working had our ride to the subway station not arrived.

After a brief respite, we finished the day with a time of debriefing over a Chinese meal -- shared family style -- and Magnum ice cream bars. Although imported from Belgium, I first enjoyed this sweet treat when Dr. Chen and I last co-led a trip to China in 2009. Although now available at my local Canton grocery store, Magnums seem to taste even better over here!

Many thanks for your prayers as we continue our journey in China

Blessings,
Jacci Welling

Comments

1. God Speed...keep up the Lords work! We continue our daily prayers for ALL!
    Blessings Jeff & Debbie Fostyk

ReplyDelete
  2. My response to your website is very good, so I can learn a lot on villabetting, with so many websites like info bandar judi online I can learn from your website I am very thankful.

ReplyDelete
  3. this experience so brilliant and i like it, hope people can come to our site for knowledge too

Situs Poker Online

Poker Online Indonesia

ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A day spent with TJ's Girls

May 13 taking the kids to the Shanghai Zoo

Living in the Yurt: Hope Foster Home