Living in the Yurt: Hope Foster Home

Possible titles:
Cold shower
Count your blessings

Ever willingly take a cold shower? Probably not, after all why would you? When you can take a hot one instead. Much more comfortable.

When we arrived in the yurts yesterday, we tried out the hot water to no avail. I decided to skip my daily shower to avoid the discomfort. I experienced said discomfort while in Guatemala, and wanted to hold off on reliving that moment. The girls who did brave the cold shivered the night away in the frigid yurt. There is nothing quite like a cold shower.

We spent our day playing with kids today at an orphanage. One in particular caught my heart. Shroger. If I wasn't living off an intern salary and living with two other college girls, that little guy would be on the flight home with me. I absolutely fell in love.

After spending the day with my little buddy I certainly needed a shower. He took me into the sand box so I had sand everywhere. I couldn't skip a shower another day, for my sake and the sake of those around me.

I got myself mentally prepared to take another cold shower. I could do it. I'd done it before. I could do it!!!!!

I gathered my things from the yurt and made my way to the Arctic shower everyone was talking about. Here goes nothing.

I turned the lever. Sure enough, cold.

But wait.....it was getting warmer!

It's crazy how much we take something for granted, like hot water. Every time I turn on the water back home I never wonder if it will hot. I know it will be.

Remember just how blessed you truly are. And if you ever feel yourself forgetting, simply take a cold shower.

Love,

Casey

Sent from my iPhone

20140515-200756.jpg

20140515-200826.jpg

20140515-200843.jpg

20140515-200858.jpg

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

May 13 taking the kids to the Shanghai Zoo

A day spent with TJ's Girls

May 20 back to Shanghai